Wednesday, May 23, 2012

7th Inning Stretch

The Cannes FIlm Festival is equal parts awesome and exhausting. Multiple nights of no sleep and going out have finally caught up with me. I also would like to take back my comments about the American in my earlier blog post. My feeling went from "love" to "like" in the past few days. I also have finally introduced a little variation in my diet thanks to inspiration from Jiro (from the sushi doc Jiro Dreams of Sushi). After eating bread, cheese and hamburgers day in and day out, eating Japanese food feels like a trip to the spa for the digestive system. There is a place in Cannes called O'Sushi that is not too expensive and pretty dadgum good that I have gotten for lunch the past few days. As far as movies are concerned, I have seen some good flicks and a lot of bad ones. Here they are:

Friday, May 18:

Cherry: It was garbage, see blog for details.

Cheerful Weather For The Wedding: I have a problem with choosing films based solely on my attraction to the actress involved and this film was no exception. I saw it because Felicity Jones is in it. It wasn't phenomenal, but it was pretty good.

Saturday, May 19:
Dollhouse: Six kids trash a house, have a party and make you hate them, especially Gina. Garbage.

Jiro Dreams of Sushi: Documentary about a master sushi chef behind the best sushi in Tokyo. It came highly recommended by my brother and I was not disappointed. Awesome.

Lawless: Bootlegger's tale with Shia LaBeouf and Tom Hardy. It was the red carpet premiere and a friend of mine hooked it up with a ticket. It was awesome and Tom Hardy is a total badass. So far, it is my favorite film I have seen.

More soon.
- Cory



1 comment:

  1. Gah! I want to see Cheerful Weather SO bad! But I understand about the American....it's to be eaten sparingly....but maybe cuz I like barely ate during the Festival. Who knows haha?

    ReplyDelete